- This event has passed.
*Gals with Gears – Cruise the Alameda & Bay Farm Islands (Level A ride)
Saturday, January 22, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Gals for an easy going and almost flat ride on the streets of Alameda with its attractive houses, continuing on to Bay Farm Island for a ride along the beautiful shoreline and then snake through the lagoon to admire the birds before heading back to BART. If time permits (and it should), stick around for coffee and beignet at Powderface after the ride.
Don’t despair if the ride fills up! Join the wait list as there are several last minute cancellations.
Start time: Please arrive by 9:45 AM. We will push off shortly after 10:00
Start/End: Fruitvale BART
Distance: 13 miles
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind. This ride is great for your 3 speed (or even single speed), fat tire bike.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• We urge Gals to carry personal identification and emergency contact information.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work done by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and Bike East Bay to improve road conditions for riding on our streets. We encourage you to check out their work and join -you can join at, or after, a ride for a reduced rate for a one-year membership and reap member benefits of discounts at many bike shops and bike friendly businesses.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.