THIS RIDE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN
Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride. We’ll start and end at the Golden Gate Park Music Concourse, loop clockwise around Lake Merced and return via Ocean Beach along the Great Highway and finally east through GG Park. We’ll take a brief diversion from south end of the lake to visit the Broderick duel site.
Level: A (<15 miles, mostly flat)
Start time: Please arrive by 9:45 am. We will push off at 10:00am.
Start/End: Beside the bandshell at the Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park.
Route: West through the park, 34th Ave south to Lake Merced. We’ll circle the lake then head north via Sloat Blvd to Great Highway and back to the Music Concourse.
Distance: About 14 miles, mostly flat (uphill about 750ft elevation over the entire ride).
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• We urge Gals to carry personal identification and emergency contact information.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multi-use paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!