Explore the bay with the Gals! These monthly scenic rides are geared for women aged 50-plus-years young, but all riders are welcome.
It’s another new route for the Gals! This time we’re going through the Livermore Valley wine country. We will travel into the region along paved trails, bike lanes and suburban streets into the wide open spaces just beyond the ‘burbs. We’ll take a break at the historic Ravenswood House at mile 15 before heading back to BART.
BE PREPARED — Bring water and a snack — as there are no cafe stops along the route. Also, the only restroom stops are at BART and Ravenswood.
- Start time: Please arrive by 10:00 for a 10:15 start.
- Level: B
- Distance: 24 miles with minor uphill moments (~500 ft climb overall)
- Start/Finish location: Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
- Click here for the approximate route:
- We ride a relaxed pace, have regroups and no one gets left behind.
- RSVP, helmet, bike in good condition and basic riding skills required required.
- Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for the ride