- This event has passed.
*Gals with Gears – San Francisco Waterfront – North (Level A ride)
Friday, February 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride along Embarcadero from the Ferry Building to Crissy Field and back. Yes, that means riding over the Ft. Mason hill — but you can do it! We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city, and have a relaxing ride. (You’ll also get a chance to try out a MUNI bus bike rack, if you would like.)
Level: A (<15 miles, mostly flat)
Distance: About 10 miles.
Start/End: Plaza in the middle of Embarcadero, across from the SF Ferry Building. Arrive by 9:45. Push-off time is 10:00am, sharp.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• The route is on multi-use paths, and roads with or without a bike lane.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition to improve conditions for bicycling in San Francisco. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join at a ride for a discounted one-year membership.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.