As part of Bike Month in May, the SF Bicycle Coalition and the SF Interfaith Council are working in partnership to create the 2nd Annual Bike to Worship Week from Monday, May 25 to Sunday, May 31, 2015.
Bike to Worship is a San Francisco event that gives congregations the opportunity to raise visibility of biking to worship while making our communities safer and more pleasant places to live. This collective, bicycle-oriented celebration promotes health, safety, physical activity and concern for our neighbors and the environment.
Throughout the Bike to Worship Week, various congregations will celebrate biking to their place of worship. Congregations may sign up and choose which day they wish to participate and promote members of their organization on that day to bike. All local places of worship are invited and encouraged to participate.
The Bike to Worship Intern will gain valuable skills for anyone looking for experience with community building or events. You will learn firsthand what it takes to organize a city-wide event! We will offer you a custom experience based on your skills and interests.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Outreach to local congregations to recruit participation
- Coordinate distribution of Bike to Worship Toolkit and support resources
- Support event leaders with basic event needs
- Update list and map with participating locations
- Write and edit social media, newsletter and website marketing for Bike to Worship Week
An Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have some interest in interfaith communities and/or biking
- Be organized and reliable
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail)
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Indoor bike parking provided
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule and can be customized to best meet the intern’s skills and availability. Intern position can be fulfilled anytime between February to May.
While the position is not paid, we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have, to help them earn course credit for their efforts.