The best way to celebrate Bike to Work Day this May 12 is by biking with others. Eight out of 11 Supervisors are riding with us in Commuter Convoys that morning, and you’re invited to join the celebration.
Every year, your San Francisco Bicycle Coalition organizes and leads rides from each of the supervisorial districts on the morning of Bike to Work Day, ending in a rally on the steps of City Hall to celebrate the fun and freedom of biking.
- District 1: Ride with Supervisor Eric Mar
- District 2: Ride with Supervisor Mark Farrell
- District 3: Ride with Supervisor Aaron Peskin
- District 4: Ride with Supervisor Katy Tang
- District 5: Ride with Supervisor London Breed
- District 6: Ride with Supervisor Jane Kim
- District 7: Ride with community leaders
- District 8: Ride with Supervisor Scott Wiener
- District 9: Ride with community leaders
- District 10: Ride with Supervisor Malia Cohen
- District 11: Ride with community leaders
This is a perfect opportunity to get to know your elected officials and meet other community leaders. Better yet, invite your friends and neighbors to join — let’s see which district can boast the largest peloton! Each ride will be led by a staff or board member at the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and will be a beginner-friendly route at a moderate pace heading to City Hall.
There, you’ll be joined by over a hundred others to show the power of biking in San Francisco. You’ll have a chance to join or renew your membership at our Energizer Station in front of City Hall, where we’ll have plenty of Bike to Work Day bags to give away. (The biggest bags with special goodies go to new and renewing members.)
Help us continue pedaling our ever-growing momentum for biking and RSVP for one of our Commuter Convoys today!