Biking in San Francisco is a great way to get around town. As our city gets busier and more people use our streets, it’s increasingly important for all road users to understand the Rules of the Road. That’s why we created this new video demonstrating the Top 10 Rules of the Road for biking in San Francisco. Check it out!
In addition to the knowing and understanding the Rules of the Road, here are some other tips to get you rolling safely and easily in San Francsico:
- Take a free Urban Bicycling Workshop and learn from our experienced instructors
- Learn how to handle right turns around motor vehicles
- Know how to avoid the “door zone” in bike lanes and narrow streets
- Check out our Resources page for more useful information
- Come on a social ride and get to know other people biking
- Join the SF Bicycle Coalition and support our education program year round
Thank you to the SF Department of the Environment for funding this project, Laura Lukitsch for filming and the amazing volunteers who made this video possible.