The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is transforming our streets and neighborhoods into safe, just, and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. We’re seeking a passionate, highly-motivated individual to power this crucial work by supporting the organization’s diverse fundraising efforts.
You will have the opportunity to build upon our ongoing success and help to innovate our approach, while working with a dedicated staff and active membership of over 10,000 to promote the bicycle for everyday transportation. The Development Associate helps plan and execute contributed revenue strategy in areas key to ensuring organizational sustainability. Areas of responsibility include: database management, individual donor cultivation and stewardship, direct mail and electronic fundraising campaign support, foundation prospecting and assistance with the grants process, business partner support, workplace giving, and third-party fundraising support.
While the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has diverse revenue streams and healthy finances, opportunities exist for even greater growth and diversification of our revenue. We are looking for a strong, creative leader in the fundraising field who will help our organization grow to the next level.
The Development Associate’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage individual giving, workplace giving, and third-party corporate giving portals;
- Assist in planning all direct mail and electronic fundraising appeals; execute those campaigns by building lists, managing the mailing process, and facilitating the design process; and
- Assist in planning and execution of SF Bicycle Coalition fundraising events, including annual signature events, house parties and major donor events;
- Support Development Director in managing corporate sponsorships for major events including Bike to Work Day, Golden Wheel, and Winterfest;
- Manage the SF Bicycle Coalition’s Grants calendar, including deadlines for applying and reporting;
- Manage and expand Discount Partner Program, building relationships with bike-friendly businesses;
- Manage and represent the SF Bicycle Coalition’s participation in third-party fundraising events, including the Climate Ride and other fundraisers benefiting the organization; and
- Manage and maintain accounts on third-party giving portals and platforms.
Comprehensive Management of the CRM Database
- Manage the maintenance, data input, data integrity and accuracy for Salesforce constituent database;
- Manage the creation of donor reports, developing additional reports and dashboards that are responsive to the needs of the Development team;
- Assess and improve systems and procedures for effectively tracking pipeline of donors and facilitate information maintenance; and
- Conduct prospect research as requested by Development Director.
Gifts Processing and Acknowledgements
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations;
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts and pledge reminders;
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Operations Manager;
- Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers and staff in a professional and timely manner; and
- Perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
Candidates must possess the following key qualifications:
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong database-management and desktop application skills, including G-Suite and Salesforce or other CRM systems ;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds ; and
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends;
Strong candidates will also possess the following preferred qualifications:
- A commitment to and passion for the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s mission and core values of transportation justice, sustainability, people power, and joy;
- Extensive CRM experience, preferably with Salesforce;
- Experience with data visualization to communicate progress;
- Experience working for and collaborating with a membership-based organization;
- Bilingual language skills in English and another language, especially Spanish, Cantonese or Filipino;
- Experience with 501c3 nonprofits; and
- Experience managing donor and gift acknowledgment processes
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position is $48,000-$55,000, depending on depth of experience. Full-time benefits include excellent medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Development Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. People of all races and genders are encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.