The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking a Membership Assistant. This position will represent the organization to members and the broader community and assist with the management of the SF Bicycle Coalition’s robust membership.
Hours: Full time.
Reports to: Membership Manager.
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
Through day-to-day advocacy, education and working partnerships with government and community agencies, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is dedicated to creating safer streets and more livable communities for all San Franciscans by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safer, greener and more efficient ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. Our members donate over 10,000 volunteer hours a year.
We are looking for a committed and motivated Membership Assistant to serve as the primary greeter and receptionist at our office, and to assist with accounts and member services. The position will represent the SF Bicycle Coalition as the first point of contact for inquiries from members and the broader community. The Membership Assistant will also assist with accounts and office management tasks.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Connecting members and the broader community with our mission, vision and ways to get involved with our work.
- Greeting, welcoming and managing walk-in visitors and inquiries;
- Responding to mail, phone and email inquiries;
- Fulfilling member services, including rentals, membership renewals and account updates;
- Executing membership fulfillment processes one to two times a week;
- Management of daytime membership volunteers assisting with membership support tasks;
- Assisting with gift acknowledgement and membership renewal reminder processes;
- Accepting payment for membership and store purchases, as well as special donations;
- Shipping of store purchases and premiums;
- Assisting with calendar posting of member-led rides and events.
Desired qualifications include:
- A deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s mission;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Experience with databases or CRM systems (experience in Salesforce a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a wide variety of audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills;
- An ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- Experience leading groups or individuals;
- Past volunteer management a plus;
- Proven record of working well with youth or prior experience with youth development a plus;
- Volunteer experience or community involvement a plus;
- Commitment to/interest in the nonprofit sector;
- Fluency in languages other than English a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, hourly position. Starting wage is $16/hour. This package includes strong benefits.
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit them by clicking “Apply for Position” below. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply via mail, please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
1720 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
You are also welcome to drop the envelope off in-person.
Applications will be reviewed starting on February 22, 2016 and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.