- This event has passed.
Family Bike Fair & Learn to Ride
Saturday, October 16, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
State Assemblymember Phil Ting and Aptos Middle School host the annual Family Bike Fair open to all San Francisco families. Come improve your bike skills, learn about Safe Routes to School, bike safety, and legislation that affects the community.
- Youth Learn-to-Ride, hosted by YBike – YBike provides balance bikes for ages 2-5 and children’s bikes of all sizes to use in the schoolyard. Bring your own bike if you like, or just a good attitude and a little determination. Featuring an obstacle course and helmet giveaway while supplies last.
- Test Ride a Family Bike – Try out SF Bicycle Coalition’s electric-assist Tern GSD and talk to our experts about biking with your family.
- Bay Area BikeMobile – Get a free tuneup and minor repairs to your bike.
- Safe Routes to School – Learn about how this program can support your school.
- Neighborhood ride – At 12:30 pm join SF Bicycle Coalition instructors for an easy family bike ride around the neighborhood. Sign up on-site. NOTE: Adults and children, please bring your own bikes to participate in the ride.
– People experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, irrespective of vaccine status, may not attend the event.
– All attendees over the age of 2 must mask at all times during the event.
– All attendees must leave contact information, including phone number, in case there is a COVID-19
exposure at the event as we will conduct contract tracing.
Presented with support from MTC-Spare the Air Youth.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.