Join the Gals for an easy going “out and back” ride along the shoreline Bay Trail to the Rosie the Riveter Museum. We’ll spend a little time on the Ohlone bike/ped greenway and a city street to reach the bike bridge to the Bay Trail and then stay on the paved mulit-use path to the Rosie the Riveter Museum. We’ll take a break at the museum for BYO snacks and to take a look in the museum if desired (highly recommended, even the bathroom is special!) before heading back. This ride has a couple slopes but no real hills. Allow about 3-4 hours for this ride to allow for regroups and breaks.
Start/End: El Cerrito Plaza BART
Distance: 15-17 mostly flat miles
Start time: Please arrive around 9:45. We will push off after the 10:10 train
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• We urge Gals to carry personal identification and emergency contact information.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!