Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Join the Gals for an easy going and almost flat ride on the streets of Alameda with its attractive houses, continuing on to Bay Farm Island for a ride along the beautiful shoreline and then snake through the lagoon to admire the birds before heading back to BART.
Start time: Please arrive by 10:00 AM. We will push off at 10:15
Start/End: Fruitvale BART
Distance: About 12-14 miles
Level: A (<15 miles, mostly flat)
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!