Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Explore the East Bay with the Gals! Join the Gals for a casually paced roll along the fully paved Iron Horse Trail! This is a fine ride for single and 3-speed bikes. We’ll meet at Pleasant Hill BART, hop on the trail for a trip to downtown Danville, stop for coffee, lounge around a bit and then retrace our wheels and return to Pleasant Hill BART. Estimated time with breaks and regroups is about 3-4 hours.
Distance: 20 almost flat miles
Start time: Arrive by 9:45 for a 10:AM push-off time.
Start/End: Pleasant Hill BART
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
• Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• Please carry ID and emergency contact info
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multi-use paths.
• Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!