Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Arrive by: 9:45 for a 10 am roll.
Start/End: Harry Bridges Plaza/ SF Ferry Building – In the Embarcadero in front of the Ferry Building.
Level A Ride: Distance ~15 miles, flat.
Please join us for a ride from Harry Bridges Plaza/SF Ferry Building along the Bay Trail to Heron’s Head Park and on to Candlestick Point State Recreation Area. We’ll enjoy the Bay views at the Parks then return along 3rd street through the Bayview/Dogpatch Sunday Streets event.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and will not leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• The route is on multi-use paths and roads with or without a bike lane.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!