Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Join the Gals for an enjoyable, casually paced ride along Embarcadero in San Francisco, Crissy Field, over the GG Bridge, through Sausalito and on to Tiburon and then catch the ferry back to SF. You’ll meet some great Gals, ride on some lovely rolling hills and enjoy fabulous views along the way. We’ll show you a route, provide some tips, and have a fun ride.
Distance: About 22 miles. ~1,000 feet of climbing.
Start: Plaza across from the SF Ferry Building Building.
End: Tiburon Ferry Terminal. The ferry back to Fisherman’s Wharf/Pier 41 leaves at 2:40 pm and arrives at Pier 41 at 3:10 pm. The ride to Tiburon takes about 3-4 hours (including breaks). We aim to arrive with plenty of time to take a break and catch the 2:40 pm ferry. For those who want to linger in Tiburon, the next boat is at 4:20 pm. Ferry schedule.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
• Not had your bicycle out in a long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multi-use paths.
• Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!