- This event has passed.
*Gals with Gears
Sunday, December 12, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Gals for a ride from Golden Gate Park to Ocean Beach, down Great Highway to Sloat and return. We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city, and have a relaxing ride. Please arrive by 9:45 AM for a 10:00 start. We’ll end by 12:30, not far from where the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s Winterfest member party is from 2-5pm https://sfbike.org/winterfest/ After the ride take a break, eat some lunch, and head over to the party…
Much of the route is on ‘slow streets’ within Golden Gate Park, and outside of the park, hopefully Great Highway will still be car-free on weekends, making the route almost entirely low-stress car-free and slow-street miles.
This is an outdoor event and no mask required.
Time: 10:00 am sharp (arrive by 9:45)
Distance: About 10 miles, generally flat.
Start and Finish: By the Bandshell in the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition to improve conditions for bicycling in San Francisco. We encourage you to check out their work and join. If you join a ride you get a reduced one-year membership rate.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.