Want to learn what it’s like to be part of the SF Bicycle Coalition team? Applications are now open for our Spring 2016 internships. Our interns jump right into the bicycle action and keep us cranking in high gear. We accept both student and practical experience internships, and generally request that interns make a minimum commitment of 10-20 hours per week, for a minimum of three months.
This season, we’re hiring for up to 11 different positions:
- Bicycle Advocacy Communications Intern: Do you have a way with words? Help our advocacy team craft blog posts, social media content, outreach materials, emails and more.
- Bicycle Advocacy Outreach Intern:This role is great for policy junkies and outgoing folks. Join our advocacy team for grassroots outreach and base-building for our campaigns.
- Bicycle Advocacy Research Intern: Put those technical skills to use! Collect, analyze and visualize data to build compelling narratives for increasing streets safety and the number of people who bike.
- Bicycle Education Intern: Spread the joy of biking to thousands of San Franciscans – put on your teaching cap to keep our bicycle education classes going strong.
- Bike & Roll to School Week Intern: This role is only for people who support cute kids biking to school. Help get them rolling and join us in planning the best week of the year for biking to school.
- Bike to Work Day Logistics Intern: You keep your lists and check them twice. There are a lot of moving parts to put on the biggest biking day of the year, and that’s why we want you to help keep us organized. This internship comes with a $500 stipend.
- Development Intern: Learn the in’s and out’s of fundraising. Manage business partner relations, and research potential foundation and donor support.
- Graphic Design Intern: You have Adobe’s Creative Suite mastered. Use your skills to create engaging graphics and maintain our distinctive biking brand.
- Membership Intern: Love the bicycling community? Our members are an amazing, diverse group of people that guide our work and power our movement. Continue to build the momentum through direct member support.
- Public Affairs Communications Intern: You know how to wield a red pen. Help our Communications team copy edit, produce our weekly newsletters and put language to work on behalf of people who bike.
- Women Bike SF Intern: Let’s get more women on bikes! Help connect women, trans* and femme-identified individuals with each other and folks who bike.
In addition to spicing up your resume with practical experience, interns get other great benefits like a one-year free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition, ongoing professional development opportunities, discounts on store swag, first dibs on exciting events and opportunities, and more. Still not convinced? See what past interns have had to say about their experiences here and here.
We’re accepting applications through December 18, 2015 and will be reviewing them on a rolling basis. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you’re not able to commit to a full internship, but still want to help us out: We’d love to have you join us at one of our many volunteer opportunities.