The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking a skilled and motivated Campaign Coordinator to join our Advocacy Team. This part-time, interim position will help us win critical street campaigns to improve biking and support our endorsements process leading up to the November 2016 elections.
Hours: Part-time. Hours may vary but are expected to be 20 hours per week. Position will entail some work on weeknights in order to attend community meetings and events. This contract position is expected to last until November 11, 2016.
Reports to: Advocacy Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
Through day-to-day advocacy, education and working partnerships with government and community agencies, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is dedicated to creating safer streets and more livable communities for all San Franciscans by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safer, greener and more efficient ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. Our members donate over 10,000 volunteer hours per year.
You will work on the Advocacy Team to win support for key bicycling infrastructure improvements. You will be responsible for tracking existing street campaigns, communicating progress with our members, attending relevant meetings and organizing members to win key approvals.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the SF Bicycle Coalition political endorsements process and leading “Bike the Vote” outreach leading up to November elections;
- Working directly with City staff to track progress and meet deadlines for City-led bike projects;
- Engaging and communicating with members about our work at all steps in the campaign process;
- Ensuring high turnout and support at public meetings for bike projects;
- Representing the organization at meetings; and
- Assisting in outreach opportunities and SF Bicycle Coalition events to build interest and public support for bike projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two years of experience participating in, managing or organizing campaigns;
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- A demonstrated track record of successful project management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a wide variety of audiences;
- Experience working in a team environment and task completion; and
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin).
Salary and Benefits: Contract rate is $20/hour.
How to Apply
Draft a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit them by clicking “Apply for Position” below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, May 16 on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Ideal start date is in June.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for the Campaign Coordinator position. If you have questions, please contact Janice.