The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking a creative professional to design graphics for web and print in support of our members, campaigns and brand. If you are passionate about increasing the reach of bicycle advocacy in all San Francisco neighborhoods, this is your chance to make our city a better place to bike and live. The ideal candidate will have a strong, varied design portfolio, expertise in project management and a demonstrated commitment to our mission.
Hours: 20 to 30 hours/week
Reports to: The Communications Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and most effective advocacy groups in the country for people who bike. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has had a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements, in part through engaging the public in our work.
The Graphic Designer will focus on growing and maintaining a strong and positive visual presence online, in print and for traditional media in order to further our mission. The Graphic Designer will provide direct support to the Communications Director and collaborate with colleagues across the organization’s staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating graphics in support of SF Bicycle Coalition campaigns and events;
- Designing graphics for print, (e.g., fliers, our quarterly Tube Times magazine, direct mail, etc.);
- Designing graphics for web, (e.g., infographics, email headers, etc.);
- Creating design templates;
- Updating visual elements of the website (sfbike.org);
- Managing print orders and coordinating with printers and other contractors;
- Working towards a long-term design/brand manual for the SF Bicycle Coalition;
- Updating the SF Bicycle Coalition’s website to accurately reflect the latest information, developments and campaigns;
- Assist with digital asset management, such as tagging photos, creating facebook albums, selecting photos for Instagram use or resizing images; and
- Photography assignments may be available for the right person.
Required skills or abilities:
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a busy work environment;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Strong collaborative skills;
- Clear interpersonal communication; and
- Dedication to efficiency and timeliness.
Desired skills or abilities:
- Strong, concise writing;
- A keen eye for copy-editing and/or inconsistencies;
- Photography experience;
- Digital asset management experience;
- Ability to create computer-aided design (CAD) drawings;
- Ability to create 3D renderings and conceptual images; and
- Familiarity with HTML, WordPress and/or Google Docs.
- Starting wage is $20/hour;
- The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition offers a competitive benefits package; and
- Indoor bike parking provided.
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit them as a pdf using the form below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews are likely to begin in May, 2016. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for the Graphic Designer position. If you have questions, please contact Chris.