Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Never been to the Fairfax Festival? This is your chance! We will ride from Harry Bridges Plaza/SF Ferry Building north to the lovely town of Fairfax for the festival. We’ll return to the SF Ferry Building via the Larkspur Ferry. We’ll likely arrive in Fairfax about 10:45am, toward the end of the parade. There is supervised bike parking operated by the Marin County Bicycle Coalition, so your trusty steed can rest easy while you enjoy the festival.
We’ll ride out of Fairfax promptly at 12:45pm to ride to Larkspur to catch the 1:40pm ferry back to SF, which arrives SF at 2:30pm. The Ferry costs $12 cash, or $7.75 by Clipper Card.
If you want to stay longer, we’ll have a route sheet so you can make your way to Larkspur for the next one at 4:45pm (last departure of the day).
Please note: This ride starts early. We will push off at 8:15 am sharp. Plan to arrive by 8:00 am at the latest.
Distance: About 30 miles, some hills.
Start: Harry Bridges plaza in the Embarcadero in front of the SF Ferry Building.
End: Larkspur Ferry terminal.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and will not leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.
• The route is on multi-use paths and roads with or without a bike lane.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!