- This event has passed.
Gals with Gears: Ride the Bay Trail to Pt. Richmond
Sunday, March 24, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gals with Gears is a member-led group of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The Gals lead monthly scenic rides geared towards women aged 50-plus-years young, although all riders are welcome.
Join the Gals at El Cerrito Plaza BART, then head to the Bay Trail and continue to the enclave of Pt. Richmond. We’ll take a break at the Miller Knox Park so bring snacks/lunch/liquid refreshments and then return to the El Cerrito Plaza BART station. Along the way we will pass the Rosie the Riveter Museum, downtown Pt. Richmond, a retired brick oven that made bricks for the Palace Hotel in SF and the Watershed Native Plant Nursery.
The ride is 85% scenic and 15% industrial with light traffic. The only down side to this ride is the several train tracks we’ll have to cross.
If this ride fills up, jump on the wait list -we get several last minute cancellations.
Start time: Please arrive by 9:45, Roll at 10:00
Duration: allow 4+ish hours to account for lounging time and regroups
Distance: about 25 fairly flat miles, the only hill is a bike bridge
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• We urge Gals to carry personal identification, emergency contact information, water and a spare innertube.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• We’ll ride on the road, with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will want to know, too!
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.