- This event has passed.
[CANCELLED] In-person: Bike-Safe Driving
Saturday, June 18, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
In person at the Excelsior Branch Library
It’s essential that all road users are involved in efforts to keep people biking safe. Join us for this class to learn how to safely share the road with other road users while driving, especially with people biking. Topics covered include:
- Behavior on shared streets with no dedicated bike lanes
- Proper use of and interactions with various types of bicycle infrastructure, such as bike lanes
- Effective communication between modes of travel
- Rules of the road to build mutual respect and safety
- Safe practices and right of way at intersections
Please contact Chester Hartsough (email@example.com/415-890-6678) with any questions about this program.
This class was formerly called “Sharing City Streets”.
This class is part of the SFMTA’s Bicycle Safety Education program, presented in partnership with the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. It is made possible by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority through a grant of Proposition K Local Transportation Sales Tax Funds.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.