- This event has passed.
Sharing City Streets Class
Saturday, November 23, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Our streets are rapidly changing: there are more bike lanes and other bike infrastructure, more “micromobility” options, more gig-worker drivers. How do we keep ourselves and each other safe in the face of these changes? This class focuses on how we can safely share our streets no matter what our chosen modes of transportation are. We welcome people who bike, walk, take transit, and/or drive. Topics covered include:
- Behavior on shared streets with no dedicated bike lanes
- Proper use of and interactions with various types of bicycle infrastructure, such as bike lanes
- Effective communication between modes of travel
- Rules of the road to build mutual respect and safety
- Safe practices and right of way at intersections
Join us for an interactive presentation and discussion on these topics.
No bicycle is necessary for this class. Please contact Eliana Marcus-Tyler (email@example.com) with any questions about this program.
This project is made possible by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority through a grant of Proposition K Local Transportation Sales Tax Funds.
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.