- This event has passed.
Walk and Bike to Worship Week
Saturday, May 26, 2018 - Sunday, June 3, 2018
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, Walk San Francisco, San Francisco Interfaith Council and leaders from local congregations are partnering to create Walk & Bike to Worship Week from Saturday, May 26 to Sunday, June 3.
Throughout the week various congregations will celebrate walking, biking and taking transit to their place of worship. Congregations may sign up and choose which day they wish to participate and promote to members of their organization. We invite and encourage all places of worship to participate. When you sign up you will receive a free Walk & Bike to Worship packet of materials to help with your event.
Walk & Bike to Worship is an event that gives your congregation and community members the opportunity to raise the visibility of walking, biking, and/or taking transit to worship to make communities safer and more pleasant places to live. Additionally, it’s a collective celebration that promotes physical activity, health, and safety for neighbors and the environment.
Walk & Bike to Worship 2018 Participants:
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Francisco (1187 Franklin St)
- St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church (1490 19th St)
- St. Agnes Catholic Church (1025 Masonic Ave)
- St. Ignatius Parish (650 Parker Ave)
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley (1 Lawson Road)
- Cornerstone Church (3459 17th St)
- St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church (101 Gold Mine Dr)
- Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church (1329 Seventh Ave)
- First Congregational Church of San Francisco (1300 Polk St)
- Congregation Beth Israel Judea (625 Brotherhood Way)
- Reality SF (450 Church St)
- First Mennonite Church of San Francisco (290 Dolores St)
- St. John’s Presbyterian Church (25 Lake St)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Sunset ward (1601 22nd Ave)
- Grace Cathedral (1100 California Street)
- San Francisco Zen Center (300 Page St)
- First Baptist Church of San Francisco (22 Waller St)
- San Francisco Lighthouse Church (1337 Sutter St)
- Temple Baptist Church (3355 19th Ave)
- Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption (1111 Gough St)
Get your congregation involved! Fill out the signup form below:
Our Calendar Policy
*Events not officially sponsored or organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition are marked with an asterisk. We post events that might be of interest to our SF area members; we do not necessarily endorse any particular group or perspective you may find represented here.