The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 45 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Events Intern will gain valuable experience working for a leader in non-profit bicycle advocacy and will help advance the cause of better bicycling in San Francisco. The Events Intern will focus on one main event Golden Wheel Awards (July 29, 2020) and a variety of other smaller events.
What you’ll learn:
The Events Intern will gain valuable skills for anyone looking for a career in events and/or nonprofits. You will learn firsthand what it takes to organize large events. We will challenge you with a fast-paced, quick-turnaround experience on a hard-working team.
Responsibilities and duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with marketing of events including posting events to online calendars, drafting social media content, selecting engaging photos, writing blogs, updating event website using WordPress, and more
- Manage event ticket purchases and promo codes via Eventbrite
- Meticulous record-keeping using Salesforce
- Assist with misc. event logistics
- Assist with outreach to corporate sponsors
- Coordinate the delivery and pick-up of supplies, donations and equipment
- Administrative support
Desired skills or abilities:
- Be highly organized, have excellent attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
- Have some events, logistics or production experience
- Interest in bicycle advocacy
- Interest in event planning/event management
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Professional, responsible demeanor
- Be able to ride a bicycle, haul a bicycle trailer, and lift at least 25lbs
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy, with direct experience in using Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail).
Required dates for this internship include:
- Start date – early June (negotiable)
- June 11 – intern orientation
- Wednesday, July 29 – Golden Wheel Awards
- End date – late August/early September (negotiable)
- One year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- Firsthand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with SF Bicycle Coalition staff and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits
- Training on and experience with nonprofit industry standard software (Salesforce, WordPress, Basecamp, Eventbrite, etc.)
- Indoor bike parking provided
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with a 8-16 hour/week minimum commitment. This is chiefly a Monday through Friday internship, with occasional evenings and weekends. Interns are expected to make a three-month commitment, which may be extended. While the position is not paid, we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn course credit for their efforts.
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form link provided below. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.