The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 45 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Marketing Communications Intern will gain experience in experiential marketing, social media marketing, writing and building a brand’s presence online. This internship will focus on how we grow and maintain a strong and positive presence online to further our mission of promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. The Marketing Communications Intern will provide direct support to the Marketing Communications Associate and Marketing and Events Manager.
What you’ll learn:
- Social media strategy and content creation
- Blog and copywriting
- Introductory WordPress
- Introductory photography, videography and audio production
- Event planning, promotion and marketing
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating and posting content to our 53,000-plus followers on social media
- Assisting with weekly production of our e-newsletter
- Writing blog posts and creating copy for a variety of media
- Maintaining and refreshing website content via WordPress
- Assisting with digital asset management
- Assist with planning and logistics of Winterfest, a 1,000 person year-end party
- Working on video and photography projects is available for the right candidate
Required skills or abilities:
- Availability on Sunday, November 17, for Winterfest
- Strong, concise writing
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a busy work environment;
- Clear interpersonal communication
- Dedication to efficiency and timeliness
Desired skills or abilities:
- Strong commitment to the mission of the SF Bicycle Coalition
- Experience with photography and/or videography, or a strong desire to learn
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, (e.g., Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects)
- Familiarity with AP Style
Required dates for this internship include:
- August 2019 – December 2019 (dates flexible)
- One year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition;
- First hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with SF Bicycle Coalition staff and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits;
- Training on and experience with nonprofit industry-standard software (Salesforce, WordPress, Marketing Cloud, etc.); and
- Presentations and trainings aimed at development of professional workforce skills.
- Indoor bike parking provided.
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with a 10-15 hours/week minimum commitment. This is chiefly a Monday through Friday internship, with occasional, infrequent evenings and weekends. Interns are expected to make a three-month commitment, which may be extended. While the position is not paid, we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn course credit for their effort.
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form link provided below. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.