UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking the newest member of its leadership team. The Organization Development Director will help the SF Bicycle Coalition achieve its mission and the goals set forth in its strategic plan by providing leadership in the areas of organization development, including operations planning, systems development and organizational culture. This position will also supervise a team of two finance and technology staff. The Organization Development Director has leadership responsibility for finance, human resources, office and facilities management, contract management, and risk management.
We are looking for a resourceful and focused leader to partner with the Executive Director on taking our organization to its next stage of development. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful, dynamic advocacy organization that continues to make demonstrable impacts in San Francisco neighborhoods and communities.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Organization-wide planning and evaluation, encompassing our strategic plan, annual project plans, compensation strategy and emergency planning;
- Development and implementation of SF Bicycle Coalition’s equity and inclusion policy and initiatives in partnership with the board and Executive Director and in consultation with staff;
- Leadership of annual budgeting process to support mission-aligned growth;
- Support the Executive Director’s role in board development, including preparing the board of directors for monthly meetings and reporting on the organization’s progress toward achieving strategic plan goals and objectives;
- Management of Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology staff and functions;
Strong candidates will possess as many of the following qualifications as possible:
- A deep commitment to the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission;
- Substantial executive or senior management experience in the areas of human resources, finance and/or information technology management, including people management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and implement compelling strategies for organization development that take account of organizational culture and collaboration;
- Proven track record of success in organization-wide planning and system development;
- Demonstrated ability to be analytical, persuasive and work in partnership with a dynamic leadership and staff;
- Experience developing evaluation systems, including creation of dashboards;
- High level of organization and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working within diverse teams and communities.
- Experience developing and managing budgets in excess of $2 million;
- A strong track record of managing complex projects, including holding teams accountable for delivering desired outcomes;
- Ability to analyze and plan for organizational technology needs, including budgeting and resources allocation;
- Familiarity with Salesforce or comparable cloud-based CRM; and
- Familiarity with Google Apps suite.
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Operations Manager, Technology Coordinator
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position is between $85,000 and $100,000, depending upon relevancy of experience. Full-time benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time. Flexibility to work nights and weekends; this position may require working approximately two weekday evenings and one weekend day monthly.
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco.