Join us this spring as part of the SF Bicycle Coalition team! Applications are now open for our spring 2016 internships. Our interns jump right into the bicycle action and keep us cranking in high gear.
We accept both student and practical experience internships, and generally request that interns make a minimum commitment of 10 to 20 hours per week. The spring intern semester runs approximately from January through May.
This season, we’re hiring for up to seven different positions:
- Bicycle Advocacy Intern: Put on your advocate hat! Join our Advocacy team to support our various street campaigns both inside City Hall and out on the streets.
- Bike & Roll to School Week Event Planning Intern: Does your heart melt when you see families biking together? Use your events savvy to help us throw the best Bike & Roll to School Week ever.
- Bike to Work Day Event Planning Intern: We’re throwing San Francisco’s largest citywide bike event of the year and we need your help. Make your list and check it twice to join us managing logistics of the biggest day for biking all year long.
- Education Program Intern: Hone your teaching skills and learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit program management. Keep our innovative bicycle education classes going strong.
- Graphic Design Intern: Photoshop? InDesign? Illustrator? You can use them in your sleep. Flaunt your design skills with highly visible portfolio pieces to support our work.
- Public Affairs Communications Intern: Learn the ins and outs of public relations and put language to work on behalf of people who bike. Help our Communications team copy edit and produce our weekly newsletters, blog posts and more.
- Volunteer Coordination Intern: We rely on over 1,000 volunteers each year to push our work forward. Put your people management skills to work in collaborating with these amazing folks.
In addition to loading up your resume with practical experience, interns get other great benefits like a one-year free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition, ongoing professional development and networking opportunities, discounts on our sweet merchandise, first dibs on exciting events and opportunities, and more. Still not convinced? See what past interns have had to say about their experiences here and here.
We’re accepting applications now and will be reviewing them on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you’re not able to commit to a full internship, but still want to get involved, we’d love to have you join us at one of our many volunteer opportunities.