Applications are now open for our spring internships! Our interns are talented and motivated folks who jump right into the bicycle action. We accept both student and practical experience internships, and request that interns make a minimum commitment of 10-to-20 hours per week for the spring semester.
This season, we’re hiring for 10 different positions:
- Bicycle Advocacy Intern: Put on your advocate hat! Join our Advocacy team to support our various street campaigns both inside City Hall and out on the streets.
- Bicycle Education Intern: Get firsthand experience in all aspects of bicycle education programming with the leading provider of bike safety education in San Francisco.
- Bike & Roll to School Week Event Planning Intern: Nothing’s cuter than a kid on a bike (unless maybe it’s a kid and a puppy on a bike). Support our Youth and Family program with your planning savvy.
- Bike to Work Day Event Planning Intern: Bike to Work Day is the best day! Help us make this massive event a success.
- Bike It Forward Intern: Learn more about this amazing program and give back to those in need.
- Development Intern: Can you fundraise and fun-raise? Help us keep the wheels of advocacy spinning on with our Development team!
- Membership Outreach Intern: Extroverts, this one’s for you! Be the bicycle talk of the town and represent our organization at outreach events all over the city.
- Volunteer Coordination Intern: We rely on over 1,000 volunteers each year to push our work forward. Put your people management skills to work in collaborating with these amazing folks.
In addition to spicing up your resume with practical experience, interns get other great benefits like a one-year free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition, ongoing professional development opportunities, discounts on store swag, first dibs on exciting events and opportunities, and more! Still not convinced? See what past interns have had to say about their experiences here and here.
We’re accepting applications now and will review them on a rolling basis. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you’re not able to commit to a full internship, but still want to help us out – don’t worry! We’d love to have you join us at one of our many volunteer opportunities.