Spend your summer as part of the SF Bicycle Coalition team. Applications are now open for our Summer 2017 internships. Our interns jump right into the bicycle action and keep us cranking in high gear. We accept both student and practical experience internships, and generally request that interns make a minimum commitment of 10-20 hours per week for a minimum of three months.
This season, we’re hiring for up to five different positions:
- Bicycle Advocacy Intern: Put on your advocate hat! Join our Advocacy team to support our various street campaigns both inside City Hall and out on the streets.
- Graphic Design Intern: Adobe Creative Suite is your thing. Make graphics to support our work.
- Membership Outreach Intern: Extroverts, this one’s for you! Be the bicycle talk of the town and represent our organization at outreach events all over the city.
- Public Affairs Communications Intern: I bet you have an opinion on the Oxford comma. Help our Communications team copy edit, produce our weekly newsletters and put language to work on behalf of people who bike.
- Safe Routes to School Communications Intern: Nothing’s cuter than a kid on a bike (unless maybe it’s a kid and a puppy on a bike). Support our Youth and Family program with your media savvy.
In addition to loading up your resume with practical experience, interns get other great benefits like a one-year free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition, ongoing professional development and networking opportunities, discounts on our sweet merchandise, first dibs on exciting events and opportunities, and more. Still not convinced? See what past interns have had to say about their experiences here and here.
We’re accepting applications now and will be reviewing them on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you’re not able to commit to a full internship, but still want to get involved, we’d love to have you join us at one of our many volunteer opportunities.