The Bike Shop Challenge kicks off today!
This July, eleven local bike shops are joining in a friendly competition to see who can recruit the most new and renewing members to the SF Bicycle Coalition as part of the Bike Shop Challenge. Stop by, join or renew your membership and both you and the shop could win a prize!
Your prize: a chance to win an SF Bicycle Coalition t-shirt!
Top prize for the shop: a chance to be the official wrenchers at New Belgium’s Tour de Fat!
The best part? Every membership boosts our advocacy for better biking in San Francisco. Each and every member of the SF Bicycle Coalition increases the volume of our voice as we speak out for the bicycling improvements we all want and deserve. Stop by one of these local shops and give them props for supporting our work in this way, or better yet – join or renew your membership right there in the store!
Bike Shop Challenge Participants:
- A Tran’s Bay Bike Shop | 1 Avenue of the Palms #021. (Treasure Island)
- Avenue Cyclery | 756 Stanyan St.
- Box Dog Bikes | 494 14th St.
- Freewheel | 1920 Hayes St.
- Huckleberry Bicycles | 1073 Market St.
- Market Street Cycles | 1592 Market St.
- Mike’s Bikes | 1233 Howard St.
- Mission Bicycles | 766 Valencia St.
- Pedal Revolution | 3085 21st St.
- Refried Cycles | 3804 17th St.
- Sports Basement | 1590 Bryant St.
All members who join or renew at one of these participating shops between July 1 and 31 will be entered in the drawing for the free t-shirt. Plus you’ll receive all the benefits of membership, including discounts at 70+ businesses across San Francisco. You can use your SF Bicycle Coalition member discounts right there at the shop and let your membership pay for itself!
Huge thanks to each shop that’s participating in this year’s Bike Shop Challenge. Their dedication and your membership make our work possible — together we’ll transform our city into a truly great place to bike.