The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an effective, member-supported nonprofit organization working to promote the bicycle for everyday transportation. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s work during the past decade has helped to increase the number of people biking in San Francisco by 184 percent.
The Development Associate reports to the Development Director and works closely with a team of staff, board members, interns and volunteers. The Development Associate helps plan and executes contributed revenue strategy in areas key to ensuring organizational sustainability. Areas of responsibility include: individual donor cultivation and stewardship, direct mail and electronic fundraising campaign support, foundation prospecting and grant writing, business partner support, workplace giving and third-party fundraising support.
- Classification: Full-time
- Reports to: Development Director
- Assist in planning all direct mail and electronic fundraising appeals; execute those campaigns by building lists, managing mailing process, facilitating the design process;
- Assist in planning and execution of SF Bicycle Coalition fundraising events, including house parties and major donor events; and
- Manage workplace giving, including third-party corporate giving portals.
- Manage the SF Bicycle Coalition’s grants calendar, including deadlines for applying and reporting;
- Manage and grow Discount Partner Program, building relationships with bike-friendly businesses;
- Manage and represent the SF Bicycle Coalition’s participation in third-party fundraising events, including the Climate Ride and other fundraisers benefiting the organization; and
- Manage and maintain accounts on third-party giving portals and platforms.
Comprehensive Management of the Donor Database
- Manage the maintenance, data input, data integrity and accuracy for Salesforce constituent database;
- Manage the creation of donor reports, developing additional reports and dashboards that are responsive to the needs of the Development team;
- Develop systems and procedures for effectively tracking pipeline of donors and facilitate information maintenance; and
- Conduct prospect research as requested by Director of Development.
Gifts Processing and Acknowledgements
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations;
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts and pledge reminders;
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Operations Manager;
- Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers and staff in a professional and timely manner; and
- Perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- At least two years of related professional experience;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong database-management skills, including Salesforce or other CRM systems;
- Demonstrated project-management and time-management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Experience using Microsoft suite, mail merge, Google Docs and Google Calendar;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds;
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition.
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary for this position is mid-$40,000s or higher, depending upon relevancy of experience. Full-time benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and resume and submit them by clicking “Apply for Position” below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, Oct. 10 on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for the Development Associate position. If you have questions, please contact Tracy.