The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition seeks a Marketing Communications Associate to engage with our members and followers through digital communications and marketing. The Marketing Communications Associate will be a part of our Marketing Communications team and will work collaboratively with staff across departments.
This position will create content, analyze data, and promote the events, advocacy, and program work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The ideal candidate learns swiftly, communicates clearly, thinks like a customer, and is passionate about transportation, biking, and equity in San Francisco.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and acknowledges the role biking culture and transportation has played in disproportionate access and resources to underserved communities — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people. We believe that these communities must be centered as leaders in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample in one pdf here.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Write, edit, and produce our weekly email newsletter for our 43,000+ subscribers
- Manage and create content for our for our 56,000+ followers on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Analyze success of email, social media, and lead generation campaigns
- Utilize data to influence digital content experimentation and exploration of new social channels
- Write and edit emails, social media copy, and blogs that promote our work and increase conversion according to our strategic plan goals
- Support media relations by writing press releases and tracking media hits
- Increase email and social media network growth by 5% annually, per our strategic plan goals
- Create, maintain, and refresh website content, including blog posts and landing pages
- Create and edit photos and videos to promote our events, advocacy, and programmatic work
- Build relationships with partners and community organizations to promote our work
- Assist with social media ads, Google ads, and search engine optimization (SEO) as needed
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizing ability
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to self-start and lead projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of digital communications and marketing landscape
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in San Francisco office when it is again safe to do so
- Interest in and passion for transportation equity, justice, and antiracism
- Strong commitment to the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and the values in our Strategic Plan
Nice to Haves:
- At least two years of related professional experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop
- Experience with Salesforce and email marketing programs
- Experience managing and creating content across social media channels
- Experience with photo and video content creation and editing
- Experience with creative writing and blogs
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and Google Apps suite
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML/CSS
- Fluency in languages other than English, especially Spanish, Cantonese and Tagalog
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position is $50,000-$54,000 depending on depth of experience. Full-time benefits include excellent medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Marketing Communications Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco.