The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking a skilled and motivated Technology Coordinator to support the technical needs of a growing team. You will work with all parts of the organization — staff, interns, volunteers and members-at-large in their use of the database and other technologies.
Reports to: Operations Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
Through day-to-day advocacy, education and working partnerships with government and community agencies, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is dedicated to creating safer streets and more livable communities for all San Franciscans by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safer, greener and more efficient ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. Our members donate over 10,000 volunteer hours a year.
We are seeking a skilled, motivated individual to support the organization’s database and other systems of growing complexity. If you are passionate about bicycling, this is your chance to help improve the lives of huge numbers of San Franciscans by understanding and supporting the technical needs of a committed program, membership and development staff.
Primary responsibilities include, but not are limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to staff, interns and volunteers on use of computers, web-based services, the copier, printers, and other office and building equipment. All-weekday morning in-office presence is required.
- Support the organization’s use of the Salesforce database in data entry, managing campaigns, sending emails, and creating reports and dashboards.
- Support existing Salesforce AppExchange nonprofit add-ons. Assist the Operations Director in researching and testing alternatives of other Salesforce apps that might serve the organization’s needs.
- Support, help administer and monitor the performance of SF Bicycle Coalition’s WordPress-based websites.
- Train end-users and document technical procedures. Present technical concepts to a diverse pool of staff, interns and volunteers.
- Set and maintain team standards of data quality, cleansing database and consolidating duplicate records as necessary.
- Convey and drive best practice in email marketing, online advocacy and online fundraising to your colleagues.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, software, web-based service, and mobile issues calmly and confidently in fast-paced, open, team-oriented office.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have a deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition mission.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a technical support, help desk, software development, quality assurance and/or technical training environment.
- Demonstrated track record of Salesforce use to support an organization’s mission. Configuration, customization or system administration is strongly valued.
- Able to pick up desktop software and web-based services quickly. Have extensive experience in using Microsoft Office, the Google Apps suite, and Macintosh and Windows computers.
- As a plus, have experience with basic web design, WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or PHP.
- Have had primary responsibility managing a computer lab, an organization or company’s office equipment, or similar environment.
- Be extremely well-organized. Maintain several projects of equal priority on varying timelines at once and sustain productivity under pressure.
- Be punctual, reliable and accountable. Must be able to juggle multiple requests with good grace, and prioritize tasks and requests to make best use of time.
- Have attention to accuracy and standardization in individual tasks while also having the ability to grasp the context of and implications for advocacy, membership and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Has the ability to move from place to place; use a computer terminal and telephone; able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds short distances; can bend, twist, reach and grasp.
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary for this exempt position is upper-$40Ks or higher, depending upon relevancy of experience. Full-time benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Draft a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit them by clicking “Apply for Position” below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, May 16 on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Ideal start date is in June.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for the Technology Coordinator position. If you have questions, please contact Frank.