San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Community Agreement
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition strives to create a positive and supportive environment where all people feel welcomed, seen, celebrated, and treated equitably, in line with our Strategic Plan Core Values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power, and Joy. As a member of this community, we value your participation in keeping our community, space, and events safe and welcoming.
These are our expectations of staff, Board Members, members, interns, volunteers, and visitors entering any San Francisco Bicycle Coalition space or event:
- We approach each other with empathy and care.
- We ask for and use each other’s pronouns.
- We respect every person’s autonomy by seeking consent before physical contact and offering before we help or explain.
- We take responsibility for our own participation and create space for the participation of others.
- We are aware of the impact of our words and actions and that good intentions can have negative impacts; microaggressions, including unintended ones, are harmful and we seek to eliminate them.
- We let someone know when we have been hurt and we try to forgive.
- We do our best to fulfill these agreements, we hold one another accountable to fulfilling them, and we work to correct mistakes.
Staff members are always available for support with an issue, or answering any questions about appropriate behavior. If you notice someone feeling hurt or uncomfortable, please check in with them or staff. Thank you for helping keep our space safe, supportive, and fun!
For more information on our community agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.