Applications are now open for our fall internships! Our interns are talented and motivated folks who jump right into the bicycle action. We accept both student and practical experience internships and request that interns make a minimum commitment of 10-to-20 hours per week for the fall semester.
This season, we’re hiring for eight different positions:
- Bicycle Advocacy Intern: Put on your advocate hat! Join our Advocacy team to support our various street campaigns both inside City Hall and out on the streets.
- Community Bike Builds Intern: Learn more about this amazing program and give back to those in need.
- Event Planning Intern: Make your list and check it twice to join us managing logistics of the best biking events in the city.
- Graphic Design Intern: The Creative Suite is your thing. Make graphics to support our work.
- Membership Outreach Intern: Extroverts, this one’s for you! Be the bicycle talk of the town and represent our organization at outreach events all over the city.
- Public Affairs Communications Intern: Learn the ins and outs of public relations and put language to work on behalf of people who bike.
- Volunteer Coordination Intern: We rely on over 1,000 volunteers each year to push our work forward. Put your people management skills to work in collaborating with these amazing folks.
- Youth and Family Biking Programs Intern: Nothing’s cuter than a kid on a bike (unless maybe it’s a kid and a puppy on a bike). Support our Youth and Family program with your media savvy.
In addition to spicing up your resume with practical experience, interns get other great benefits like a one-year free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition, ongoing professional development opportunities, discounts on store swag, first dibs on exciting events and opportunities and more! Still not convinced? See what past interns have had to say about their experiences here and here.
We’re accepting applications now and will be reviewing them on a rolling basis. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you’re not able to commit to a full internship, but still want to help us out – don’t worry! We’d love to have you join us at one of our many volunteer opportunities.