The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition seeks a Marketing Communications Associate to engage with our friends and members through multiple channels. The Marketing Communications Associate will be a part of a passionate and creative team comprised of membership, development and communications staff.
This new position will promote and advertise the campaigns, events and programs of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The ideal candidate thinks like a customer, embraces social media and writes inspiring copy. To apply, please include three writing samples in a single PDF with your resume.
- Write blog posts for events, membership, volunteerism, development, programs and advocacy
- Write, edit and produce weekly Biker Bulletin email newsletter, which is sent to 34,000 recipients
- Manage all social media channels for our 51,000-plus followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and explore new channels
- Write and/or edit emails for events, membership, volunteerism, development, programs and advocacy; send emails via Marketing Cloud using A/B testing best practices
- Increase email and social media network growth by 5% annually, per our strategic plan goals
- Maintain and refresh website content, uploading and updating blog posts, events and pages as needed
- Work with Communications Designer in producing video content
- Promote and advertise our events and programs on existing and new third-party websites and build relationships with community organizations to share in newsletters
- Assist membership in renewal series emails and letters
- Assist in grant writing and researching new grant opportunities
- Assist with Google ads and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Support outreach and events, as needed
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of related professional experience
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop
- Experience with Salesforce and email programs
- Experience using Google suite
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Strong commitment to the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and the values in our Strategic Plan.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position is $43K-$55K depending on depth of experience. Full-time benefits include excellent medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time, exempt.
Reports to: External Affairs Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. People of all races and genders are encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position, which has been filled.