The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is transforming our streets and neighborhoods into safe, just, and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. We are looking for a committed and motivated Program Coordinator to lead and innovate our new expanded Valet Bicycle Parking program, including our work to operate bicycle valet parking at the Chase Center, new home of the Golden State Warriors. You will support our organization’s programmatic work in concert with our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan and our core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy.
The Program Coordinator will manage our famous Valet Bicycle Parking Program, where we offer free, friendly, and convenient bike parking at public and private events. We host Valet Bicycle Parking at hundreds of events every year, including all San Francisco Giants home games. Beginning in late August, we will be providing valet bicycle parking at all events at the Chase Center, new home of the Golden State Warriors. This position reports to the Program Director and works collaboratively on a team of five to bring high-quality, culturally competent programming to SF that aims to dismantle barriers to biking for everyone sharing our streets.
Primary responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
Valet Bicycle Parking
- Managing the Valet Bicycle Parking schedule, including scheduling Valet Bicycle Parking Attendants and volunteers;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising a staff of Valet Bicycle Parking Attendants;
- Managing a team of volunteers at Valet Bicycle Parking Events;
- Staffing valet events on-site 20-30 hours/week (schedule will include evening and weekend events);
- Recruiting bicycle parking clients to become members of the SF Bicycle Coalition;
- Maintaining an inventory of Valet equipment and coordinating pick-up and delivery with Valet staff;
- Submitting payroll and expense reports for Valet program;
- Ensuring SF Bicycle Coalition’s presence is on-brand, professional and utilizes the appropriate marketing items;
- Determining event-specific customer bike parking needs such as Valet site location, equipment, staffing and related logistical concerns;
- Efficiently managing event contracts, billing and sponsorships;
- Obtaining appropriate permits from City agencies for Valet Bicycle Parking;
- Collaborating with the Volunteer Coordinator to provide meaningful and engaging volunteer opportunities;
- Marketing Valet Bicycle Parking to new customers.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- An ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- High degree of cultural competence;
- Experience working with underserved communities;
- Familiarity with basic computer software systems, including G-Suite;
- Management experience;
- Contract and grant management experience;
- Valid CA drivers license;
- Be a team player, willing partner with development, advocacy, communications and operations leadership; and
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolving responsibilities
- Ability to move 60 pounds by bicycle trailer to events throughout San Francisco.
Strong candidates will also possess the following preferred qualifications:
- A commitment to and passion for the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and core values;
- Experience working for and collaborating with a membership-based organization;
- Customer service experience;
- Experience with event planning and facilities management;
- Volunteer management experience;
- Sales experience
- Be bilingual in English and another language, especially Spanish, Cantonese or Filipino/Tagalog.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this non-exempt position is $45,000-$46,000 depending on depth of experience. Full-time benefits include excellent medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt.
Reports to: Program Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. People of all races and genders are encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.