The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is transforming our streets and neighborhoods into safe, just, and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. We are looking for a committed and motivated Outreach Coordinator to represent our organization at important community meetings throughout the city. You will support our organization’s advocacy work in concert with our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan and our core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy.
The Outreach Coordinator will support our Advocacy Team by attending community meetings and representing the SF Bicycle Coalition at community events, with a particular focus in the southeast neighborhoods in San Francisco (Bayview, Excelsior, etc.).
Applications will be reviewed starting on June 24, 2019 and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start in early July 2019.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Attending community meetings and events (includes events on weeknights and weekends)
- Taking notes and reporting back to Advocacy Team staff
- Making public comment at City Hall meetings
- Supporting Program Team, such as attending Bike it Forward events, collaborating with Youth and Family Biking or promoting bike education classes
- Meeting 1-on-1 with members and community stakeholders to build relationships within the neighborhood
Strong candidates will possess as many of the following qualifications as possible:
- Prior experience with community-based outreach and engagement
- Ability to get around the city to attend meetings and/or perform outreach
- Comfort riding a bike in an urban environment
- Passion for making San Francisco a better city for living and biking
- Experience in public and professional settings
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
Report To: Advocacy Director.
Salary and Benefits: The hourly rate is $18/hour.
Hours: Part-time. Hours may vary but are expected to be 5-10 hours per week. Position will entail some work on weeknights and/or weekends in order to attend community meetings and events. This contract position is expected to last until September 30, 2019 with the possibility of an extension.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.